ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Dice analyzer machine project

<< < (11/19) > >>

mouser:
I have ordered raspberry pi and motor control hat and touchscreen.. Gothic (dc member who helped set up servers and lives nearby and is a hardware guy) is going to come by to help me try to get things wired up in a couple of weeks.  if all goes well might have a prototype by march..

mouser:
Parts have arrived, I'm installing the libraries I need on the Raspberry Pi, and i have sketched out my wooden machine "box", which will be 15" long by 7.5" wide by 4" deep.
As absurd as it sounds, the best justification in my head for going through with this build is as an (absurdly) expensive (in terms of money and time) art project, and as a learning experience... Trying to justify it in any other way is even harder.

And in the back of my mind i'm hoping i come up with a better way to re-use these parts at some point..

I will post photos next week I hope.

Stoic Joker:
As absurd as it sounds, the best justification in my head for going through with this build is as an (absurdly) expensive (in terms of money and time) art project, and as a learning experience... Trying to justify it in any other way is even harder.-mouser (February 11, 2016, 10:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

There are those of us who feel that there is no better reason needed. As an example I submit exhibit 'A', which is posted here. It took me almost 3 years to get the $3,000 necessary to purchase a bike that has been sitting in storage for almost 10 years. And it will take a positively insane amount of money and time to complete what I have planned for the project.

I do it, because the deeply rooted desire to create something wondrous is obsessively strong, and because I can ... No other reason should ever be necessary, for those that are capable of understanding. ;)

mouser:
My Raspberry Pi Die Analyzer Test Bench:

Ath:
I'm really enjoying this thread. And even more now that you've come to the actual physical stuff. And the fact you're doing it all yourself :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version