ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why GOD has not updated the world ?

<< < (14/15) > >>

IainB:
Oh! About leaving. If God could change the laws of the universe so that all paths are mobius strips, that'd be just awesome! ;D We're talking major version upgrade here!  :-*
-Renegade (January 21, 2016, 05:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, presumably your own experiences can substantiate that the laws of the universe had already been thus changed in your case, no?
I mean, some time back, didn't we have it on good authority (yours) that you were leaving and had indeed left, or something, and yet here you are now, apparently back again - as if you had merely taken a mobius trip? (Enquiring minds need to know.)

MilesAhead:
vi vi vi - editor of the beast
-x16wda (February 04, 2016, 06:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh heh heh.

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

Heh heh heh.

-MilesAhead (February 05, 2016, 07:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Pretty nifty :)

So what's Emacs?

MilesAhead:
--- End quote ---

Heh heh heh.

-MilesAhead (February 05, 2016, 07:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Pretty nifty :)

So what's Emacs?
-wraith808 (February 05, 2016, 08:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, other than having its config file in Lisp, my main hassle with Emacs was the fact that it used exotic key combinations that I could never remember.  I had to look them up in the help, which used exotic key combinations I could never remember.  :)

There are Gui menus but it is wicked slow slogging if you go that route.  It has a couple of free Windows ports if you want to try it without booting Linux. 

XEmacs for Windows is the one I tried on Windows.  It went on and ran in pretty straight-forward fashion.  There was a schism Emacs/XEmacs.  What it was all about I am not sure.  I post the link to XEmacs because that is the one I tried on Windows.

wraith808:
I meant that in the same tongue in cheek manner as the rest of this thread, especially as there are macs vs vi battles all over (I fall more or less firmly on the emacs side)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version