ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why GOD has not updated the world ?

<< < (10/15) > >>

rgdot:
Long time member leaving based on this? There are plenty (obviously in my opinion) worse in the basement. Which made me stop reading basement but leaving a forum even if OP was serious...nah

EDIT: Even if the replies were serious too .... As far as god goes, just look up at the sky and try to imagine how billions of galaxies and stars exist. Just think how they could come to exist. It is not about belief or lack of belief really, it is about letting your mind go and how such mind blowing things exist.

40hz:
So much for the notion of "you go your way and I'll go mine," right?
-40hz (January 20, 2016, 06:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
You go your way and I'll mine yours.

-cranioscopical (January 20, 2016, 09:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

With some people it might be more like "You go your way - and you can be sure I'll mind."  ;)

40hz:
I suspect that you may have drawn that line in possibly the "wrong" place.
-IainB (January 21, 2016, 04:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm sure I'd have to agree with you about that. But I was trying not to sound too combative since it's a tender subject for a lot of people I like and respect. Even if I totally disagree with them about some things they hold dear.  8)

40hz:
Long time member leaving based on this? There are plenty (obviously in my opinion) worse in the basement. Which made me stop reading basement but leaving a forum even if OP was serious...nah

EDIT: Even if the replies were serious too .... As far as god goes, just look up at the sky and try to imagine how billions of galaxies and stars exist. Just think how they could come to exist. It is not about belief or lack of belief really, it is about letting your mind go and how such mind blowing things exist.
-rgdot (January 21, 2016, 10:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Y'know I have. But I wasn't able to reach any definite conclusions...

I've been told that "faith is a gift I you yet to receive."  Which is fine by me if it is, in fact, an actual gift that can be bestowed. I'm known for being patient.

About the best I experience is a sense of wonder and a certain reverence for what I see as larger patterns and truths. But I'm no more closer to "The Answer" than I've ever been despite a good deal of work trying to discover it on and off over the years.

So in my case, I posses nothing more than whatever 'wisdom' and 'humility' comes from knowing that I don't know. Truth is, I'm not even sure how to ask the question. Or what the question is.  But IIRC, that's something Socrates spent a a fair bit of quality time contemplating. And even he didn't come up with the definitive answer if Plato is anything to go by.

However, if anything resembling a deity does decide to provide me the answer, then I can promise that I will be happy to furnish him/her/it with full and detailed questions in return.

In the meantime, "42" will have to suffice. At least for the time being.  ;) 8)

wraith808:
I suspect that you may have drawn that line in possibly the "wrong" place.
-IainB (January 21, 2016, 04:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm sure I'd have to agree with you about that. But I was trying not to sound too combative since it's a tender subject for a lot of people I like and respect. Even if I totally disagree with them about some things they hold dear.  8)
-40hz (January 21, 2016, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

And that's navigating that space.  Even if you're sure that you're right, being able to leave it alone, as others experiences might not echo yours.  After all, if you're sure you're right, then of what practical use is arguing with someone who's sure you're wrong?  Are we so insecure in our beliefs (or disbeliefs) that we have to stir up something that won't make a difference either way, and will just in the end create fractious arguments?  I couldn't say for all, but that, to me, seems a non-gracious approach, no matter on which side you fall.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version