ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why GOD has not updated the world ?

<< < (8/15) > >>

nosh:
God (unlike Mozilla) hates version updates. He's a "from the ground up" kinda guy.
Next "format /E": due in ~5 billion years.  :P
http://www.space.com/10245-sun-die-earth.html

40hz:
Um...so... has Curt resigned or something? I'm not sure how to interpret his new forum signature.
--- End quote ---

:(

I really hope this is not true.
-mouser (January 20, 2016, 12:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hope not too. I like Curt. But I'm thinking he has left, and it is this topic that was the catalyst. That was his last post so I'm guessing his convictions got the better of his tolerance and he's gone. At least for now.

Sad. But I'm seeing more and more people who are feeling somehow threatened become abruptly indignant over some of the most innocuous things their friends are saying these days. I guess it's a reflection of these irrational and emotionally heightened times we live in - and - are being systematically conditioned to accept as "normal." That's something that's becoming an impediment to cooperation, civility and tolerance everywhere now that so many otherwise intelligent people are embracing unreason as the answer to all those problems that really have no easy answer. But so it goes.

Unfortunately, there's a fine line between belief and mania. I've had enough years of experience in various forms of spirituality and spiritual disciplines to be aware of that danger and to be on the alert for it, whether it's manifesting in myself or others. But that's me. I have a habit of worrying about things like that.

I guess I'm getting what I deserve for never being able to really get into watching sporting events, or wrapping my head around primetime TV... ;) ;D

wraith808:
Unfortunately, there's a fine line between belief and mania.
-40hz (January 20, 2016, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think that belief has to be tempered with acceptance.  Everyone is not going to believe as you do.  And that's OK.  It's just navigating that in between space that becomes tricky.

Spoiler

Stoic Joker:
^ :D :Thmbsup:

40hz:
Unfortunately, there's a fine line between belief and mania.
-40hz (January 20, 2016, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think that belief has to be tempered with acceptance.  Everyone is not going to believe as you do.  And that's OK.  It's just navigating that in between space that becomes tricky.

Spoiler[ Invalid Attachment ]
-wraith808 (January 20, 2016, 04:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agree 100%

Unfortunately, more and more people are lately deciding that's not ok. And they're not interested in navigating anything.

So much for the notion of "you go your way and I'll go mine," right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version