ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Agnitum (makers of Outpost Firewall and AV) has been acquired by Yandex

<< < (2/5) > >>

Curt:
a very big disappointment indeed  :(

Agnitum terminates direct and partner sales of the Outpost product line. (...) Agnitum will provide antivirus base updates, bug fixing and technical support until December 31, 2016.
--- End quote ---

Too many lifetime keys, I suppose.

-----

Modified:
Your product license

OUTPOST SECURITY SUITE
LICENSE TYPE Personal Pack
LICENSE: Lifetime

will be exchanged for

KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY
LICENSE EXPIRES IN 2 YEARS AFTER ACTIVATION

ATTENTION!

2. Your Outpost key will be blocked after you confirm the exchange.
--- End quote ---

4wd:
I've also got lifetime licenses for OSS but stopped using it a few years ago when the then current version was bogging down the system.

Also have no interest in Kaspersky but may as well take them up on the offer so I can have the benefit of yet another unused license  :P

Ennovy:
I've also got lifetime licenses for OSS but stopped using it a few years ago when the then current version was bogging down the system.

Also have no interest in Kaspersky but may as well take them up on the offer so I can have the benefit of yet another unused license  :P
-4wd (January 17, 2016, 04:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1  :D

Edvard:
I fundamentally don't understand why people do this: buy up a tech company with a large customer base only to shut down the business without incorporating any of the technology/code into new or existing products or retaining staff.  I mean... why?   :huh:

Curt:
-My guess is that Agnitums sold too many lifetime keys, and way too few short term keys. Yandex expect much more profit from their Internet browser's search engine (adverts)!

And just MAYBE the owners also have shares in Kaspersky?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version