ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's the best registry cleaner? Ask Leo says: none

<< < (6/25) > >>

supertechnogeek:
I do the same, you should get Acronis True Image for backup, I use this tools for 3 years and recently join them as affiliate as well.

Direct link is here =>http://www.acronis.com/
Affiliate link is here => <a href="http://www.review-registry-cleaner.com/products/trueimage/"> Acronis True Image </a>

I have tried Newer version of Acronis True Image (I didn't upgrade, still using version 10), they have a very cool features called Try&Decide. When activated you can try anything on your computer including registry repair, you can try to corrupt your windows and Acronis True Image will record every action you take on your drive.

After testing, you can easily restore it to previous stat. But I still prefer to backup manually before using this Try&Decide feature (Only available in version 11).

Please don't take my word for it, try for yourself. I only share the best I used, there are still many best thing out there...

f0dder:
ows registry is the tree structure, and many software design to "full explore" this function with each every information, configuration all stored into the registry, and the only result is slowing down the system.
-supertechnogeek (December 25, 2007, 08:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's bull. Registry lookups are very efficient since binary search is used for looking up keys; this basically means that the number of keys has to double for one extra compare instruction to be necessary.

Oh, and when you're an affiliate or have any form of connection with a product you're posting about, you should state this very clearly in the post. Nobody here likes hidden agendas.

icekin:
Another vote for Regseeker from me. I've tried using jv16 Power Tools in the past, but while its a good program, its risky and deletes several important registry keys. Well, its screwed up my PC before. I've also used the registry cleaner on WinXP Manager, which is likewise, very powerful, but risky. The best method is to use applications that can simply be unarchived and run and only create .ini files. Thinstall applications are also another option, but Thinstall costs a lot of money. Other good registry cleaners I've come across include EasyCleaner and CCleaner's Registry Clean Function.

I've heard many tech site authors strongly recommend registry mechanic. I tried the demo, but did not find it to be all that impressive for a shareware application. Any other dc users tried it?

Armando:
I did try registry mechanic, but a long time ago. I think it was good... or was it ? But how shall I really be able to tell ?
Actually, like some here, I stopped using registry cleaners (and in facts most cleaners, registry or not!) after experiencing problems related to these, sometimes weeks or even months after cleaning my machine.

There were a couple of times where some software problems were actually instantly solved by cleaning the registry with TuneUp Utilities registry cleaner  (the only one that actually never did anything wrong to my machine -- but I've stopped using it anyway... +  it's outdated...) (can't remember exactly what the problem was... it was at least 2-3 years ago).

Lashiec:
RegSeeker... >_<

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version