ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

USB TV tuner for W8.0 Laptop?

<< < (2/2)

MilesAhead:
And as long as the tuner uses a standard BDA driver you can probably use whatever software you like to view the signal.

Of course, North America uses the ATSC standard but the requirements shouldn't be that much different.
-4wd (January 02, 2016, 03:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just to run this by you.  Does this gizmo fit the bill do you think?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9083AB3052&cm_re=usb_tuner-_-9SIA9083AB3052-_-Product

Edit:  I am a bit paranoid as it mentions PAL but not ATSC.

mwb1100:
And as long as the tuner uses a standard BDA driver you can probably use whatever software you like to view the signal.

Of course, North America uses the ATSC standard but the requirements shouldn't be that much different.
--- End quote ---

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9083AB3052&cm_re=usb_tuner-_-9SIA9083AB3052-_-Product

-MilesAhead (January 02, 2016, 02:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's a DVB-T tuner - it won't work in the USA.

4wd:

--- End quote ---

-MilesAhead (January 02, 2016, 02:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's a DVB-T tuner - it won't work in the USA.

-mwb1100 (January 02, 2016, 10:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Correct - it needs to state that it handles the ATSC standard.

Nice map from Wikipediaw:

USB TV tuner for W8.0 Laptop?

Newegg - Cheapest appears to be $37 for open box item.

If you're not in a hurry and can get it delivered somewhere, various Chinese shopping sites have them for US$8-15.

MilesAhead:
If you're not in a hurry and can get it delivered somewhere, various Chinese shopping sites have them for US$8-15.
-4wd (January 02, 2016, 11:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip.   :Thmbsup:

4wd:
-4wd (January 02, 2016, 11:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip.   :Thmbsup:
-MilesAhead (January 03, 2016, 05:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

No problem but it usually means they will deliver only to the address associated with a PayPal account.

I had a site up yesterday with ATSC tuners for up to $15 ... think I can find it now  :-\

Otherwise, Monoprice on ebay has a couple.

Your biggest problem will be ensuring you have decent signal reception for it to work, the stick antennas they come with have never worked for me, I've always had to connect a decent external antenna.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version