ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

YNAB moving to a subscription model

<< < (6/17) > >>

Deozaan:
Edit: or is this one still a legit way of buying it?
Purchase Budget Software that Will Change Your Life
-dr_andus (January 02, 2016, 08:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can also still buy it on Steam, and get a key that works with the non-steam version.

Any opinions on where this any good for someone self-employed, or is it more aimed at those with a regular income?-tomos (January 02, 2016, 03:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's great for folks who are self-employed! That is, if you follow the four principles of the YNAB method.

Deozaan:
I wrote an email to YNAB support voicing my disapproval of the new subscription model. Part of the response I received included a link to this blog post which explained why they're changing to the subscription model:

http://www.youneedabudget.com/blog/post/the-new-ynab-business-model

Another part of the response I received said:

we’ll support YNAB 4 officially through 2016 and unofficially for as long as possible after that.
--- End quote ---

wraith808:
I wrote an email to YNAB support voicing my disapproval of the new subscription model. Part of the response I received included a link to this blog post which explained why they're changing to the subscription model:

http://www.youneedabudget.com/blog/post/the-new-ynab-business-model
-Deozaan (January 04, 2016, 12:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
True to a point.  But not really.  It's a smoke screen, IMO.  There are several other business models other than the upgrade every two years model.

Another part of the response I received said:

we’ll support YNAB 4 officially through 2016 and unofficially for as long as possible after that.
--- End quote ---
--- End quote ---

That's nice... and I hope they really mean that.

dr_andus:
--- End quote ---
--- End quote ---

According to this post, "YNAB 5 Is Not For Me,"
It's supported for bug fixes until 2017.
--- End quote ---

though not sure of the source of that info. But the rest of the article is an interesting read as well (contains a short review of alternatives).

wraith808:
--- End quote ---
--- End quote ---

According to this post, "YNAB 5 Is Not For Me,"
It's supported for bug fixes until 2017.
--- End quote ---

though not sure of the source of that info. But the rest of the article is an interesting read as well (contains a short review of alternatives).
-dr_andus (January 05, 2016, 02:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Both of those statements say the same thing, don't they?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version