ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2016

NANY 2016 Release: SysTrayIconsManage

<< < (5/6) > >>

Ath:
Silent - shortens the message when a tray-application is un-hidden from default 15 to 3 seconds
Show last message - repeats the last message that was shown, when starting up or hiding tray-applications

MilesAhead:
I haven't tried the utility yet.  What I have found on OS behavior ever since Vista is even if you check the box that says "always show icons and notifications for all" or whatever the wording is, unless I uncheck that option and manually set each an every icon to show both the icon and notifications, then recheck the box, the ones that were not manually set will not be shown.  It is like the check box is a placebo.

Have you run into anything like that or is it just on my machines?  :)

dr_andus:
Silent - shortens the message when a tray-application is un-hidden from default 15 to 3 seconds
Show last message - repeats the last message that was shown, when starting up or hiding tray-applications
-Ath (January 12, 2016, 08:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks.

dr_andus:
What I have found on OS behavior ever since Vista is even if you check the box that says "always show icons and notifications for all" or whatever the wording is, unless I uncheck that option and manually set each an every icon to show both the icon and notifications, then recheck the box, the ones that were not manually set will not be shown.  It is like the check box is a placebo.

Have you run into anything like that or is it just on my machines?  :)
-MilesAhead (January 12, 2016, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure if I ran into the exact same thing, but basically the behaviour has been erratic.

I would make a distinction between two problems: 1) whether the icons that were set to show both icon and notifications show up as visible in the same row as the toolbar and 2) whether icons of apps that are running and are supposed to show up in the hidden area of the system tray show up at all.

For me it's the 2nd problem that SysTrayIconsManage solves, which has bugged me for a long time.

But I'm not sure from the original description whether it was designed to fix problem 1 or 2. I've been hoping for a solution to problem 2 for years, so I'm very grateful to Ath for having created this.

mouser:
i like the new icon.
i think it should add itself automatically to the list at first run.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version