ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Radio3 -micro link blogging

(1/1)

n8wachT:
"Radio3 is a cross-platform linkblogging tool. Your links go to Facebook, Twitter and a new feature-full RSS feed that will make it possible to build new innovative networks on the open web web."

I am always looking for new free/opensource. As long that things don't get to technical and complicated I srart experienrting and with Radio3 ir was love at first sight. I have tried almost every thinkable bookmark ing solution but never felt good enough to go through wth it. Radio3 isnt an windows proram, if runs like a real webapplication and users your dropboc account to store someo of the data iyou put into it. What it does icreating a microblog of URLs you 'stunble upon' that are good enlouygh to ssave (or share). Radio3 gives u an bookmarkled. When you want internert adress saved you push the button, adjust the name/url (optional, second screenshot below) en hit enter. Over time.. it generates something  like this: http://radio3.io/users/n8wachT/

There are a lot more options, you can aso add a regular blogging tab e.t.. But that's not what reAll;y bothers me. It sworks good as an webapp, productively sppeaking. But Ithink it would bd more cool if the data goes to an desktop environment instead (or also). The other thing ius that it has a few flaws which I cant seem to figure olut. The linkblog page seems to stop at an maxiimum ammount of links because I started much earlier. Jiust a few months back i noticedf tthe arhive stopped around the end of aseptember. And now I cant scroll further down than halfway october. I findt cinfsuing at thaat point because I have to start looking on my dropbox (hoping the data beflore is saved). It doesnt wfeel rght or work oprobably when you start don that. You easily mess things jup more causw the synchronie module isnt always visible at a glance, for me though.

It would be awesome if it could be made a bit mre simple and yet powerful. There's a lot that  can be done to make it even more interesting. Now its a good tool to microblog your findings. But as an bookmarkmanager  you can't seafrch or brrowse it as easy because all the input is in a non-alphabticv bbut on date sorted list.What if we add an extra option (tags maybe?) that keep tbe list as a serachable aRCHIVE. No idea if thatsx possible, butt cab come in handy right? It also tweets every new url-entry to my foollowers o0n Twioter. Reallty happy with that option too.

It's a bit like Anuran, first time I succeded with keepin some kind of diarylog for longer than 6 mionts. From a poductivity kind of view I think these tools are much more effective for most people. I hope the basic thought is un derstandable. And if it got you enthousiastic as wll than great  :D

ps. On dropbox I think the actual data is saved in .opml format. But when I open such file with notepad it seems to ontain miuch less text.

Shades:
Looks kinda interesting. :)

Oh, and I get the impression that the keyboard on your phone isn't a great match for your fingers... :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version