ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Words fail me - you'll have to read this yourself

<< < (2/4) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
150,000 people being able to own a tiny bit of a Picasso is just kind of awesome. :D :P  :Thmbsup:
-Renegade (December 23, 2015, 11:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

But 150,000 people meeting at a "reassemble the Picasso party" would be awesomer!

tomos:
IIUC they get 1.5mm squared....
I suppose you could frame it :-\

The old art world was a dysfunctional place (how long has it been since art was for the people - probably mostly not since prehistoric times) -- but this would be a good expression of the new art world (anyone got a polite term for f.o.s.?).

A good publicity stunt all the same.

Shades:
The code mentioned in both vote boxes is the same. That does not inspire trust...

Anyway, I would have voted to donate it. Mainly because I don't think that anyone should destroy/mistreat art that can inspire future generations. Picasso is definitely not my style, but that shouldn't be a reason to maim his work. After all, the world is full of people that have a different view on the arts.

Honestly, you couldn't accuse me for being artsy fartsy on a good day. If someone made art that cannot stand the test of time on it's own, too bad for that piece of art and/or artist. But for pieces of art that do, keep those in shape for future generations.

We are all standing on the shoulders of giants and art/artists make that anyone enjoys the view.

TaoPhoenix:

Anyway, I would have voted to donate it. Mainly because I don't think that anyone should destroy/mistreat art that can inspire future generations. Picasso is definitely not my style, but that shouldn't be a reason to maim his work. After all, the world is full of people that have a different view on the arts.

Honestly, you couldn't accuse me for being artsy fartsy on a good day. If someone made art that cannot stand the test of time on it's own, too bad for that piece of art and/or artist. But for pieces of art that do, keep those in shape for future generations.

We are all standing on the shoulders of giants and art/artists make that anyone enjoys the view.
-Shades (December 24, 2015, 07:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think somewhere in here is the "difficult" copyability of art.

If it was just "any random but competent art" as a performance piece, we wouldn't care. And stories are just text, my copy is as good as your copy from Gutenberg's Mark Twain set. And for music, there's whole cultures (besides the lawsuits of grumpy musicians) of mashup. Same with pics.

So I think Form Factor and notoriety are all over this.

Stoic Joker:
Here's a question: Let's say there was a priceless artifact that was to be run through a cutting edge cleaning/preservation/analysis process. That for some human/technical/unforeseen error reason was then sliced to bits. In that situation ...(before word of the disaster got out)... What would be the easiest way recoup one's losses and save face at the same time??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version