ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2016

NANY 2016 Release: Automatic Screenshotter - v1.06 - May 7, 2017

<< < (5/18) > >>

AbteriX:
Hi Jesse,

"File Saving > Override screenshot directory" is empty

and I have a empty file "ConfigDir.ini"

but the shots are still stored to my AppData folder.?!?!

I expected to have the shots stored in a sub folder of the app-folder, since I said "be portable".

OK, I can just type some folder name (like "shots") into that field too (and it works as expected) , but I think I don't have to do that additionally?

. . .

I like how it's creating folder structure and having app name in file name with "%Y/%m/%d/%exe_%H%M%S"  :-*  :Thmbsup:

- - -

"Ignore Changes" works for me.
1000 and 4000 pixels was to less for me with opened folder of screenshots (new added file was enough to be
more change than 4000px), but 9000px works for me to take no new shots over a 20 minutes time frame.

-

mouser:
--- End quote ---

your ConfigDir.ini is empty? that could be the problem -- that does not make the app portable.
why is it empty? by default the portable zip file should contain a ConfigDir_Default.ini which says the app is portable.

AbteriX:
--- End quote ---

your ConfigDir.ini is empty? that could be the problem -- that does not make the app portable.
why is it empty? by default the portable zip file should contain a ConfigDir_Default.ini which says the app is portable.

-mouser (December 30, 2015, 09:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Because "Note_For_PortableUse.txt" says:
// When the program starts, it will check for the existence of the file "ConfigDir.ini",
//  if that file exists, IT will be used.

So I saved the "Note_For_PortableUse.txt" as "ConfigDir.ini" and though I run portable.

The "Note_For_PortableUse.txt" says nothing that that ini don't have to be empty.

// When the program starts, it will check for the existence of the file "ConfigDir.ini",
//  if that file exists and have valid settings (see "ConfigDir_Default.ini" for examples), IT will be used. 
// You can edit this file with a normal text editor.
// If this file does not exist, the program will fall back to "ConfigDir_Default.ini".-Perhaps better explanation?
--- End quote ---

Normally it is enough to have such portable ini present and the app knows what to do (write default setting to that ini if not already exist)
PORTABLE=TRUE
CONFIGDIR = .-ConfigDir.ini
--- End quote ---

- - -

Sure enough, testing again a fresh unzipped ASS 1.2.1.0 works portable out off the box now  :Thmbsup:

Don't know what takes me on the wrong track, sorry.

mouser:
So I saved the "Note_For_PortableUse.txt" as "ConfigDir.ini" and though I run portable.
--- End quote ---

that was the mistake -- i can see why you did that -- perhaps because my Note_For_PortableUse.txt LOOKS like its in the ConfigDir.ini format..

mouser:
Sure enough, testing again a fresh unzipped ASS 1.2.1.0 works portable out off the box now 
--- End quote ---

glad to hear it  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version