ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2016

NANY 2016 Release: Automatic Screenshotter - v1.06 - May 7, 2017

<< < (2/18) > >>

mouser:
A little more exposition on the nature of this tool:

* It's made to run in the background, taking screenshots of either the currently active foreground window, or the entire desktop.
* You can configure how often the screenshots are taken, and how they are named.  The naming can include putting them into subdirectories and can be based on the data,time, and application name.
* It will automatically prune older screenshots based on limits you set regarding screenshot age, # screenshots to keep, and total file space you want to use.
* It will also try to be smart about avoiding saving multiple screenshots when the window (desktop) contents don't actually change, with some configurable tolerances, to minimize disk space used.
* It can also be told about certain applications to never capture, or alternatively a small list of applications that it should only ever capture.
* It can be configured to ignore capture when your pc has been idle for a certain amount of time, or when screensaver is running, or when full-screen games are running.
* You can also manually trigger a capture with a hotkey.
* You can also toggle capturing on-and-off easily from system tray menu.
* Screenshots are saved as standard png files.
In summary, the focus is on an automated system of recording recent activity on the screen, and trying to be well behaved regarding disk space usage.  You should be able to set it and forget it, until you need to go back and see what was on the screen at a certain time in the near past.

mouser:
It's pretty much full functional as of now -- the one big thing missing is a built-in image browser, which is not needed but would be useful, especially for folks who don't have a good 3rd party image browser (like xnview).

TaoPhoenix:
A little more exposition on the nature of this tool:

* You can also manually trigger a capture with a hotkey.[...
-mouser (December 24, 2015, 09:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

By now I've learned (and practiced some language for!) that I often do a lot of "fast and dirty" computing chaining multiple small programs together and get easily overwhelmed by the "bigger brothers" that do the sophisticated features for the experts.

So for various reasons on my now slightly infamous setup, I never really tapped into Mouser's Top-of-the-Line ScreenShot Captor.

But then my eye caught this little thing emerging, and now I'm on my way both making screenshots of data that used to live in my browsers for weeks, and capturing the "1 second flash" of something interesting in an otherwise random video.

:Thmbsup:

Now if I can just manage to unload the 42* browsers/windows that emerged since I was actually able to resume research ... I might be able to reboot for the first time since the woolly mammoths walked the earth!

:D

ewemoa:
Is there a way to invoke it to display the config window on start-up or some key sequence to get the config window to show?  Trying it out under Wine here and I see the balloon at start-up, but the task tray icon portion doesn't work and consequently haven't been able to test much :)

Will investigate regarding the task tray icon, but thought I'd ask anyway in the mean time.

Looks like it might be this:

http://sourceforge.net/p/fluxbox/bugs/1034/

Hmm...wonder if Gothi[c] might be able to help...

mouser:
You can bring up options from the main window.
Maybe you are asking how to get the MAIN window to show on startup?
I could add a commandline for that, or you could edit the ini file to have it not start minimized.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version