topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:15 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: If not Cubby, then what?  (Read 4581 times)

Daleus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If not Cubby, then what?
« on: October 17, 2016, 10:04 AM »
So now that Cubby is pulling the rug out from under it's users, what sync service et al are you moving to?

I was getting all ready to try it based on recommendations from Donation Coder.

Daleus, Curmudgeon-at-Large

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: If not Cubby, then what?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 12:14 PM »
So now that Cubby is pulling the rug out from under it's users, what sync service et al are you moving to?

I was getting all ready to try it based on recommendations from Donation Coder.

Where did you get this information from?  I have a paid subscription, and have received no indication that they are terminating the service.

Daleus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 12:20 PM »
I went to Cubby.com today and it said no more new users.  When I clicked a link or two, that's what I found.

Of course, now that you challenge it I wonder should I have been to cubby.net, or cubby dot some other thing?

They say they are rolling it's features into Logmein Pro.

http://help.cubby.co...-and-enterprise-subc

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 12:48 PM »
I found out that it doesn't affect me until my sub runs out.  They'd tried to sell me on LogMeIn Pro before, but it appeared to not have the same features.  I'll be looking into that.  If it's LogMeIn + Cubby, then I'll be staying.  If it doesn't have the features that I use in Cubby, I'll just be going to OneDrive.  I already have 1TB there from O365.  The only reason I haven't been using it is the ability to put a cubby anywhere, and make any folder into a Cubby.  Without that feature, it's not worth it to me.

Daleus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 02:02 PM »
I've been looking for a replacement since Dropbox programmed around features in the Apple API, and Evernote started imposing 2 comps only in it's free offering.

OneNote and OneDrive, while not as feature complete the two advantages of no sub, and free is definitely hard to beat.

I have changed my setup a bit lately anyway.  I now have syncing accounts with my central comp, and use Syncthing to sync the main comp with any others in the housed that need it.

I sure was hoping to try out Cubby though.....

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 01:30 PM »
I just sent a question about LogMeIn Pro (the replacement for Cubby), and I was astonished at the reply.

With LogMeIn Pro, you will have the 1 TB of cloud storage where files can be passed back and forth within the computers associated with your account. Unfortunately, the files will no longer be automatically synced but you can still have those files shared between all of the computers. Files and folders can be accessed through LogMeIn Pro. If you do need the files to automatically sync, that feature will be lost during the migration. Let me know if you still have further questions or concerns about what will happen with the switch. Have a great day!

If we have answered your question, we will send you an email in the next few days asking for your feedback. We value your opinion and thank you in advance for taking the time to click on the survey link and let us know how your experience was with our team.

DK2IT

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 05:05 PM »
Some alternative can be:
Hubic (cheap but slow?)
Tresorit (expensive)
PCloud
Resilio Sync