ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

gateway ta6 laptop

<< < (8/14) > >>

holt:
The last time I bought a flash or 'thumb' drive, I remember paying one dollar per gig. I just found out I can get a 512gb for $14 with free shipping on ebay. I recall there was a scam going on a few years ago with fake thumb drives, so I have to ask is this legit? My vintage laptop with its USB 2.0 ports would probably take a month to read or write all 512gb in one operation, but that would be the last thumb drive I would ever have to buy for my laptop.

tomos:
The last time I bought a flash or 'thumb' drive, I remember paying one dollar per gig. I just found out I can get a 512gb for $14 with free shipping on ebay.
-holt (January 10, 2016, 12:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

how about a link to same?

holt:
The last time I bought a flash or 'thumb' drive, I remember paying one dollar per gig. I just found out I can get a 512gb for $14 with free shipping on ebay.
-holt (January 10, 2016, 12:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

how about a link to same?
-tomos (January 10, 2016, 05:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
512GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Metal Swivel High Speed Memory Stick Thumb Pen Gifts
$13.66 & free shipping

512GB Mini Tiny USB 2.0 Flash Memory Stick Pen Drive Storage Thumb new hot !!
$12.90 & free shipping

I'm thinking of buying, and seeking opinions. The laptop I was given is about 10 years old, and only has USB 2.0 anyway, so it would be pointless to pay more for USB 3.0 or greater. I do wish to be warned if the offers may be bogus somehow, because a few years back there were bogus thumb drives being offered on ebay, but times change and the technology seems legit in this case.

holt:
For only fourteen bucks it's a steal. Now I'm thinking, it's also about the time I would put in on this, and is there any option besides this anyone would like to suggest? Any other thumb drive?

holt:
....(portable) hard disks (and virtualized" tapes....
-Shades (January 05, 2016, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm not sure what you're referring to but it sounds interesting? Something that could be hooked up to a laptop?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version