ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2016

NANY 2016 :Window resize keys (grids X*Y where X,Y = 1 to 5)

<< < (3/5) > >>

tomos:
It is going to be hard to find a different keyboard short cut, I think I'll stick with them.
-wjamoe (December 14, 2015, 03:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I only have one icon in the Quick Menu (and have no problem removing it) -- but will this not be a problem for anyone with a Quick Menu?

FWIW I never even knew that shortcut existed -- I suspect it will work with WinResizeKeys when there's no entries in the Quick Menu (unable to test now as not on desktop).

EDIT// another FWIW:Ctrl+Windows logo key+number   
  Switch to the last active window of the program pinned to the taskbar(quick menu) in the position indicated by the number.
--- End quote ---

here "Ctrl+Windows logo key+number" started a new instance (of the software in the Quick Menu - Opera as it happens)

wjamoe:
when inside Opera ctrl+win+digit will also switch to the browser tab counting from the left (1 = left most tab)

so maybe another short cut key combination is better, any suggestions?

tomos:
Ctrl+Windows logo key+number   
  Switch to the last active window of the program pinned to the taskbar(quick menu) in the position indicated by the number.

Alt+Windows logo key+number   
  Open the Jump List for the program pinned to the taskbar in the position indicated by the number.

Shift+Windows logo key+number   
  Start a new instance of the program pinned to the taskbar in the position indicated by the number.
--- End quote ---
so maybe another short cut key combination is better, any suggestions?
-wjamoe (December 14, 2015, 04:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

getting difficult ... :)
Would Ctrl+Win+Alt+[number] be too complex?
It doesnt seem to do anything here.

Does the Winkey need to be involved?

I tried Ctrl+Shift+Win+[number] but that seems to try to run an admin instance of whatever is in that number place on the taskbar.

wjamoe:
Would Ctrl+Win+Alt+[number] be too complex?
--- End quote ---
Sure that's possible

I'll try to upload a version this evening (local time now 15:30).

BTW, sorry for the late answer. My PC didn't work, had problems with the BIOS/boot drive, is working again now, backing up drive now, just in case ...  :( . 

v1.03 ctl+win+alt+<digit> :to change grid increment

ayryq:
Sounds very much like WinSplit Revolution, which I found when switching from linux (where I used Compiz Grid). Both programs use Ctrl-Alt-NumPad for resizing windows.

Eric

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version