ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2016

NANY 2016 :Window resize keys (grids X*Y where X,Y = 1 to 5)

<< < (2/5) > >>

wjamoe:
Tomos,

thanks for your comments!

I added one option ctrl+win+1 which will extend the window to the side when pressing ctrl+win+cursor. Is this more like what you expected? Maybe I should make this the default. Using ctrl+win+<digit> then allows you to resize according to the grids.

I also add some diagrams to the first post to explain the resize cycle.

Which program acted strange after restoring from maximized and resizing ? This should not happen, but some programs have strange size constraint. For example cmd.exe has a maximum width (80 chars) and a minimum height.

As a fail safe the above key combination ctr+win+1 followed by ctrl+win+cursor in any direction will restore any weird windows, hope this helps.

MS Powerpoint even allowed me to resize the full screen (shift-F5) using this tool, without problems.

tomos:
thanks wjamoe,
will try the latest version :up:

tomos:
Pale Moon - Version: 25.8.1 (x64)

Ctrl+Win+5
=>
Ctrl+Win+Right-arrow
=>
keeping Ctrl+Win pressed click Right-arrow four [4] times) reduces window each time with left edge of window at left edge of screen.
=>
keeping Ctrl+Win pressed clicking Right-arrow again (the fifth [5th]) time maximises window.

Okay,
what's confusing (but probably just needs getting used to/understanding) is this:
Try:
Ctrl+Win+Right-arrow (x1)
=>
Ctrl+Win+Left-arrow (x1)
=
what happens is, that the window starts shrinking from both sides.
This is logical -- and potentially useful -- but hard to know exactly how to undo, i.e. how to either dock window on one edge or to maximise.

EDIT// messing around with it, I am getting used to it -- it needs whatever was done on one side to be undone, then it will cycle as expected back to maximised.

tomos:
As a fail safe the above key combination ctr+win+1 followed by ctrl+win+cursor in any direction will restore any weird windows, hope this helps.
-wjamoe (December 14, 2015, 01:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ctrl+Win+1 opens the first entry in the Quick Menu (is that what it's called? pinned icons next to the win button on taskbar) -- that gave me a surprise, dont know if that's universal? Or if not how to stop it..
[Win.7 x64]
Doesnt have any affect on WinResizeKeys.

wjamoe:
I assume I deleted the wrong version

You are right the keyboard ctrl+win+number combination is apparently already used in windows 7+.
I looked it up and found the following list :

Ctrl+Windows logo key+number   
  Switch to the last active window of the program pinned to the taskbar(quick menu) in the position indicated by the number.

Alt+Windows logo key+number   
  Open the Jump List for the program pinned to the taskbar in the position indicated by the number.

Shift+Windows logo key+number   
  Start a new instance of the program pinned to the taskbar in the position indicated by the number.

I normally use vistawitcher (taskswitchxp pro) to switch between programs, so I didn't use the above short cuts.

It is going to be hard to find a different keyboard short cut, I think I'll stick with them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version