ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

SOLVED: Windows 10 OneDrive hijacks PrintScreen hotkey.

(1/2) > >>

Deozaan:
I noticed for the past month or two that ScreenshotCaptor no longer would work when I pressed PrintScreen. Instead, I'd get a notification that my screenshot was saved to my OneDrive. No matter how I configured ScreenshotCaptor, I couldn't get it to take a screenshot using PrintScreen as a hotkey.

Weird. :huh:

After finally mentioning the problem to mouser today, he quickly found a link with some suggestions that led to a solution. The solution is pretty simple: Right-click the OneDrive icon in your tray, select Settings, click on the "Auto save" tab, and uncheck the "Automatically save screenshots I capture to OneDrive." Click the OK button and then close/restart OneDrive.

SOLVED: Windows 10 OneDrive hijacks PrintScreen hotkey.

That last step of shutting down OneDrive is imperative. It's not enough to just disable the setting. OneDrive must be shut down completely and optionally restarted if you want OneDrive to do its OneDrive stuff.

If restarting OneDrive doesn't do it for you, then I have read that a reboot will do the trick.

wraith808:
You don't have to do that.  Just restart SCC after saying no to capture all of my screens to OneDrive when it first asks you, and it registers again.  I was going to post something about it... fuming at the time  >:(.  But once I figured out that restarting SCC worked, I felt stupid, so didn't.  :-[

mouser:
Thanks for sharing this -- I'll bet there are others who are wondering why PrtScr key stopped working  :up:

mwb1100:
It's practically criminal that Windows doesn't/can't provide some sort of central, OS supported management of hotkeys.  Sometimes it's nearly impossible (or actually impossible) to figure out why a key isn't doing what you expect when it has been hijacked by some application.

anandcoral:
It's practically criminal that Windows doesn't/can't provide some sort of central, OS supported management of hotkeys.  Sometimes it's nearly impossible (or actually impossible) to figure out why a key isn't doing what you expect when it has been hijacked by some application.
-mwb1100 (December 08, 2015, 11:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

ActiveHotkeys  by tranglos may help, to find out about the hotkeys.
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=18189.0

Regards,

Anand

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version