ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MilesAheadSoftware source only future?

<< < (2/4) > >>

tomos:
Hope you get to sort something out Miles (dc!) -- but yeah, it's a pita...

For those who want to stockpile the zip files on my page, now is a good time to use DownLoadThemAll.  :)
-MilesAhead (December 07, 2015, 07:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

^ I took this advice, thanks

mouser:
DC can host your software.  Those false antivirus alerts are so painfully annoying (still have to figure out a way to solve that no matter where you host).

MilesAhead:
Hope you get to sort something out Miles (dc!) -- but yeah, it's a pita...

For those who want to stockpile the zip files on my page, now is a good time to use DownLoadThemAll.  :)
-MilesAhead (December 07, 2015, 07:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

^ I took this advice, thanks
-tomos (December 07, 2015, 10:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for downloading them.  :)
The nasty look went off my face right away.  :)

MilesAhead:
DC can host your software.  Those false antivirus alerts are so painfully annoying (still have to figure out a way to solve that no matter where you host).
-mouser (December 07, 2015, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, these things are popping up so fast.  If you look at the list in VirusTotal it's almost like a McGuffin list.  They wave a blank diskette/CD/USB and say it has the nuclear secrets/spy list/whatever.  I think this list is growing just to discourage submitting a false positive report.  Like how many times are you going to go through the mumbo jumbo when some other scanner comes out the next day and you are back to square one?  How can these things make money?  Where are they coming from?

I don't think Hawk Host will kick me because I deleted the zip file.  But they say I can send them "proof" if I think the report is a false positive.  But they give me no information about the report.  Who made it?  What was used to flag it?  Nothing but a filename.  The burden should be on the one making the assertion that there's a problem.  I don't have any complaints by users that such and such a thing  happened.  But I'm supposed to chase phantom reports of problems that don't exist for freeware.  It's  a bizarre notion.  There are shops in downtown Miami with a sign on the wall "All Sales are Final."  If I buy a suitcase and the wheel falls off when I roll it outside the door, I own it.  But I have to guarantee a free product for a fault that hasn't happened?  Pretty weird.

Lintalist:
You can keep your own domain but host your (zipped) executable(s) on GitHub? Either directly in your repo or better yet as releases, let them foot the bill for the downloads :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version