ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Continued software development?

<< < (5/6) > >>

Asudem:
...you're most likely already screwed.
-wraith808 (December 04, 2015, 05:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Looks like I won't be releasing the code and just doing my own thing with it then. Any thoughts on a trainer, wraith?

EDIT: So, I may have found a creative alternative to this software, which I'm very certain I can post on this site and much broader audience will find it useful!

mouser:
EDIT: Actually... I'm fairly confident I could hack these bugfixes into a trainer which modifies the program's memory. It could be run in conjunction with the original program, or does something like that have just as little legal ground as modifying the original source?
--- End quote ---

I can't comment on legal issues, I can only say that it sounds like a recipe for a lot of unfun fragile work, and you might enjoy more spending your time doing pure coding on a different project...

Asudem:
I can't comment on legal issues, I can only say that it sounds like a recipe for a lot of unfun fragile work, and you might enjoy more spending your time doing pure coding on a different project...
-mouser (December 05, 2015, 01:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

You are right. I have thought of an elegant solution to my problem and can address it in a very healthy, safe, and legal matter.

I bet I could make that trainer in minutes though... the challenge is tempting, but I would need the originally uploaded binary for it to work.

Asudem:
I apologize for the double reply, but the author of the original software just came out of the woodwork with this:

Hi guys,

Here is the lastest source code, http://www.filedropper.com/mfcrecordersource

Please feel free do do what you wish with it.

Enjoy
--- End quote ---

Does THIS give me permission? Or does he need to include a license? The author sent me a PM saying I may do whatever I wish with the code!

mouser:
 :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version