ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Batch-edit images (remove frames)

(1/3) > >>

n8wachT:
Howdy,

Please forgive me if this been asked before (site is so big!). I am looking for a batch-editor for images. Images that have borders/frames on one part of the picture (below/above) and/or pictures that got frames on all 4 sides. The option to cut out/remove that kind of stuff would be really helpfull- instead of removing them one by one. Want to edit an directory with 1000+ images this way so one by one isnt really an option. And I'm convinced there is a smart trick to do so somewhere on this site or amongst the members..  :D

I've added an example picture- imagine all the photo's in my directory have the same white border. Think you understand what I mean now  :)

Batch-edit images (remove frames)

Thank you!

Jibz:
If you are not afraid of command-line tools, it sounds like the kind of thing ImageMagick would be able to do. A quick google points to the trim command.

n8wachT:
If you are not afraid of command-line tools...
-Jibz (November 27, 2015, 01:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, actually.. I just started learning more about it and I must say..... It's really something that you get good at
by trying and doing it for a long time so.. Let's get this party started! And thnx for the tip! Imagemagick is indeed
the kind of tool i am looking for.

tomos:
I did this once with IrfanView but dont have it installed here so cannot check. I remember it being a little unintuitive -- at least I had to mess around a bit before I discovered how exactly to get X number of pixels off of the bottom of multiple images. I was removing the taskbar from screenshots, some of which had already been cropped (but the taskbar edge was not cropped so I always wanted to remove that 'X' number of pixels).

Are your images different sizes?
Are the frames/margins always the same width?

n8wachT:
Are your images different sizes?
Are the frames/margins always the same width?
-tomos
--- End quote ---

Sadly there aren't a lot of constant factors. The only thing we can see as an certainty is that the white frame is always located at the bottom of the picture. But it can vary in width cause some pictures are in 'standing mode' while others ''lie down'' (not sure how to put that in english, hoping you still understand what  I mean).

And.. besides those differences the pictures are also in various sizes as an whole. So I already figured that wasnt the best outcome for an coding adventure... right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version