ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Will you upgrade to Microsoft Office 2007?

<< < (4/7) > >>

Cavalcader:
I know a lot of people say they wont upgrade because the price is too high, but I am just curious how many have paid for their CURRENT version?
-Josh (June 30, 2006, 02:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
Do you mean whatever version we're using (I'm at Office 2k) or whatever version is current? I paid for 2k as an upgrade to '97, and it's been good to me. The newest Office "User Interface" is a real improvement, though, from what I've seen so far. It's designed based on some serious research into the way people use the program and the types of things people have trouble finding in the standard UI. That plus the age of Office 2k combine to make it worth it to me to upgrade if the price is reasonable.

zridling:
Like Microsoft's latest keyboards (including the silly one planned for Vista), the new 2007 UI emphasizes the mouse over the keyboard. Frankly I hate the ribbon, don't need the ribbon, don't want the ribbon. I understand the purpose of the ribbon, but I want to hide it permanently and reemphasize the keyboard and keyboard shortcuts.

In 2007, it seems that the keyboard shortcuts are intentionally hidden. It's counterproductive to take my hands off the keyboard and go hunting with the mouse for the "pretty picture" that signifies styles, for instance.

PS: Thanks BrotherS for adding the poll!

Gothi[c]:
In 2007, it seems that the keyboard shortcuts are intentionally hidden.

--- End quote ---

It's part of a conspiracy against *nix ;)
If no one knows how to use the keyboard anymore, no one will be able to use a command line.

Carol Haynes:
The only real advantage I can see for the user in 2007 is the realtime preview (which is cool) of what changes will look like without actually trying them. But personally I would rather apply and effect and hit CTRL Z if I don't like it than pay a couple of hundred quid of a preview function.

Cavalcader:
Like Microsoft's latest keyboards (including the silly one planned for Vista), the new 2007 UI emphasizes the mouse over the keyboard.-zridling (July 05, 2006, 12:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
Eh? How does a keyboard emphasize the mouse?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version