ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Using FARR to open website in different locations?

<< < (2/2)

You4eea:
Both work, is it possible to do the following, please excuse my bad explanation.

When using the last suggestion, were just putting them all in as such:
www.example.com
www.example.com/wp-login.php
www.donationcoder.com
www.donationcoder.com/wp-login.php
and letter FARR filter.

When I start typing the word cli and hit [tab] it fills in the rest of the word, but not when I start typing the domain name, if I start typing exa and hit [tab] FARR blinks and I am left with just the term "clients" in FARR. I would like to do tab complete for the domain name, and then type home or login and hit tab to complete the term and hit enter. much like a linux terminal..

is this possible?

mouser:
When I start typing the word cli and hit [tab] it fills in the rest of the word, but not when I start typing the domain name, if I start typing exa and hit [tab] FARR blinks and I am left with just the term "clients" in FARR. I would like to do tab complete for the domain name, and then type home or login and hit tab to complete the term and hit enter. much like a linux terminal..
...is this possible?
--- End quote ---

it's not currently possible to do what you want -- FARR doesn't use tab to autocomplete like that -- though it's an interesting idea to consider.

however, in your example the important thing to note is that there is no need to autocomplete at all, instead just type:
"cli[tab] exa log"

that works because farr is filtering as you type on each partial word typed after the alias name.  there is no need to autocomplete the domain name or other words.

IainB:
Not sure whether this is precisely what is required, but I thought I should mention that one can generally do this sort of thing with the Awesome Bar in Firefox, after setting it to look in Bookmarks and History.
The Awesome Bar will search for URLs with any relevant terms, Bookmarks and Keywords you throw at it.
For example:

You4eea:
Thanks Mouser, that works as well.. thanks
That keeps is simple and easy to manage.. My regex skills are very weak, so this works perfectly.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version