ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

flamory

(1/2) > >>

anandcoral:
http://www.flamory.com/

Looks good as per description. Anyone using it ?

Regards,

Anand

JavaJones:
It looks fairly interesting to me for my needs. Have you tried it? I will probably install and give it a shot...

Edit: This part in the EULA will probably put some people off:
8.   MAINTENANCE
This Software may automatically send error reports to the Company. These reports may include information about your computer and recent actions that lead to error occurrence. They will not contain your data (such as documents, texts and images) or snapshots.

This Software may automatically send usage reports to the Company. These reports may contain information related to usage of the Software, such as aggregated statistics and UI interaction patterns. They will not contain your data (such as documents, texts and images) or snapshots. These reports could be used by the Company to improve the quality of the Software.
--- End quote ---

- Oshyan

anandcoral:
It looks fairly interesting to me for my needs. Have you tried it?
-JavaJones (November 06, 2015, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
No. Actually was thinking of making an app in similar line for some time.

Regards,

Anand

JavaJones:
OK, I tried it. I am... not totally impressed. It is definitely an interesting application, with some useful and interesting features. But the interface is slow, clunky, and not very responsive or well thought-out. The data retention and "sharing" (with the developer) policy is not great IMO. The app has a system tray icon *and* a persistent taskbar icon, which seems pretty unnecessary. And the "history" function (automatic capture of your browsing history) while promising, is implemented very poorly (and yes, I know what you're thinking, don't browsers already have history?). I could go into detail but bottom line is I wouldn't recommend it at this time.

I *do* like the idea, and the simple built-in tools for annotating your captures. A similar such tool with a better and more responsive UI, better organizing functionality (such as drag-and-drop to custom folder names, and/or tagging of captures), and no data mining would definitely be appealing to me.

- Oshyan

dr_andus:
A similar such tool with a better and more responsive UI, better organizing functionality (such as drag-and-drop to custom folder names, and/or tagging of captures), and no data mining would definitely be appealing to me.
-JavaJones (November 08, 2015, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Surfulater can do most of those (minus the persistent sticky notes).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version