ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Commandline execution VC++ using ShellExec

(1/2) > >>

renjithcr:
 Hi i am trying to save a screenshot file to the following path C:\Users\Rn\Desktop\ScreenshotCaptor. But i cant change the screenshot directory.

i used the following link to find the commandline options : https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/screenshotcaptor/help/index.html

please find my code below. any help is appreciated.

////////////////////////////// VC++ code  //////////////////////////////

CString sApp = _T("C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ScreenshotCaptor\\ScreenshotCaptor.exe");

CString sParameters = _T("-show -capture screen -format png -dir \"C:\\Users\\Rn\\Desktop\\ScreenshotCaptor\" ");

CString sWorkDir = _T("C:\\Users\\Rn\\Desktop\\ScreenshotCaptor");

int nRet = (int)ShellExecute(NULL, NULL, sApp, sParameters, sWorkDir, SW_SHOWNORMAL);

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

mouser:
For what you are trying to do (commandline screenshot grabbing), may I recommend Screenshot Captor's little brother: MiniCap
It is made to do exactly what you are doing and is built with same codebase as SC.

renjithcr:
Thanks Mouser... it works with ShellExecute()

is there any way to wait until the screen capture is completed? I mean using ShellExecuteEx and WaitForSingleObject functions?

my following code is not working

SHELLEXECUTEINFO ShExecInfo = { 0 };
    ShExecInfo.cbSize = sizeof(SHELLEXECUTEINFO);
    ShExecInfo.fMask = SEE_MASK_NOCLOSEPROCESS;
    ShExecInfo.hwnd = NULL;
    ShExecInfo.lpVerb = NULL;
    ShExecInfo.lpFile = GetMiniCapAppPath().AllocSysString();
    ShExecInfo.lpParameters = sParameters.AllocSysString();
    ShExecInfo.lpDirectory = NULL;
    ShExecInfo.nShow = SW_SHOWNORMAL;
    ShExecInfo.hInstApp = NULL;
    ShellExecuteEx(&ShExecInfo);
    WaitForSingleObject(ShExecInfo.hProcess, INFINITE);

mouser:
When you say your code isn't working -- specifically what is happening?

renjithcr:

With ShellExecute() i can make a screenshot.

CString sParameters = _T("-save \"") + sImagePath + _T("\" -captureappbyname \"") + sUniNgeExeName + _T("\" -exit");
iRet = (int)ShellExecute(NULL, NULL, GetMiniCapAppPath(), sParameters, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL);

but with ShellExecuteEx() and then WaitForSingleObject() as described in my previous post i want to wait until the MiniCap executable exits (using -exit in sParameters). but i see the executable on Task manager. and the function call WaitForSingleObject() waits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version