ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 42.0 stable is out - only Softpedia shows it though

<< < (2/4) > >>

f0dder:
I think I'm going to give the x64 version a try - thanks for telling about it :)

MilesAhead:
I think I'm going to give the x64 version a try - thanks for telling about it :)
-f0dder (November 04, 2015, 04:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

The x64 nightly builds were pretty good for a time.  That's why I am surprised at the problems.

Edit:  Since I mentioned it my curiosity kicked in.  I just installed and ran the x64 nightly now.  So far it seems fine.  I was able to set it as default browser.  Nothing flaky yet.  :)

Edit2:  Well, nothing flaky other than when you load multiple tabs at once it is slow loading.  There is a hesitation after you make a tab active.  But I have noticed that in the x64 nightlies for some time.  One reason I use the 32 bit instead.

Tuxman:
Firefox 42.0 stable is out - only Softpedia shows it though.-MilesAhead (November 02, 2015, 12:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

I found it on BetaNews. And on eMule.

I like the Mute This Tab button.  :-*

MilesAhead:
Firefox 42.0 stable is out - only Softpedia shows it though.-MilesAhead (November 02, 2015, 12:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

I found it on BetaNews. And on eMule.

I like the Mute This Tab button.  :-*
-Tuxman (November 04, 2015, 08:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

It is also now on Mozilla Firefox main download page:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/#en-US

but somehow or other Softpedia seems to get wind of a copy before the Mozilla site.  Seems like it has been this way for awhile.  Maybe a softpedia worker also is inside Mozilla team someplace?

Edit: I'll have to try out the button.  :)

I notice "display tab previews in taskbar" does nothing.  Maybe my taskbar settings are blocking it though.

Tuxman:
Maybe they just regularly have an eye on the Mozilla release servers.

Which is actually a bad idea, given that releases may contain bugs and be replaced before they are announced.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version