ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 42.0 stable is out - only Softpedia shows it though

(1/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
Firefox 42.0 stable is out - only Softpedia shows it though.  I have just updated.  The item in the change log that caught my eye is better password management.

I just brought it up out of the install so no impressions yet other than it runs.  :)

lanux128:
It is also available on Firefox's site but I guess they haven't flipped the switch yet.

this is the checksum of the setup file, does it match with the one from Softpedia?
SHA-1: de6150370482b01be11208f9dd17ed4b53663743

MilesAhead:
It is also available on Firefox's site but I guess they haven't flipped the switch yet.

this is the checksum of the setup file, does it match with the one from Softpedia?
SHA-1: de6150370482b01be11208f9dd17ed4b53663743
-lanux128 (November 03, 2015, 04:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

CWuestefeld:
Thanks to a tip in ghacks - http://www.ghacks.net/2015/10/17/fingers-crossed-firefox-64-bit-for-windows-to-be-released-when-firefox-42-comes-out/

I see that there's finally a 64-bit version. But it won't be visible on the site - follow the ghacks link to the ftp repository.

MilesAhead:
Thanks to a tip in ghacks - http://www.ghacks.net/2015/10/17/fingers-crossed-firefox-64-bit-for-windows-to-be-released-when-firefox-42-comes-out/

I see that there's finally a 64-bit version. But it won't be visible on the site - follow the ghacks link to the ftp repository.

-CWuestefeld (November 03, 2015, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

The Softpedia download page also has a link to the x64 version for Windows(at least if you are in the Windows desktop section of SP.)  I have gotten away from running x64 FF other than Cyberfox.  The standard Mozilla x64 Windows FF keeps dropping out without warning.  They seem to have a problem getting it right or something.  It is pretty strange the way they keep cycling through chucking it and bringing it back.  Peculiar way to run an airline.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version