ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

ScreenshotCaptor and SMTP/SSL

(1/1)

cranioscopical:
I'm having a little problem when trying to send SMTP/SSL email from ScreenshotCaptor.

From SC without authentication I get, for obvious reasons:
SMTP Error Sending Email: 503 5.5.1 Error: authentication not enabled
--- End quote ---

I've adjusted my other software but can't see a way to switch SC to using SSL connections.

Have I missed something? If not, can anyone help me out with a suggestion about how to address/work around this?

@Mouser, would you consider enabling an option for this at some point (unless it's there and I didn't find it)?

mouser:
it's a flaw in the current version of screenshot captor -- i really need to add support for SSL email sending.. thanks for the nudge, i will try to do it asap.

there is a workaround -- which is to configure a custom email sender for SC and use one of the "sendmail" clones.  SC is built to allow you to do this, and i believe lanux128 on the forum does this.

cranioscopical:
there is a workaround -- which is to configure a custom email sender for SC and use one of the "sendmail" clones.  SC is built to allow you to do this, and i believe lanux128 on the forum does this.
-mouser (November 02, 2015, 09:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, looking forward to whenever you have the time to build in SSL, Meanwhile, I'll investigate your suggestion of a custom sender..  :Thmbsup:

lanux128:
there is a workaround -- which is to configure a custom email sender for SC and use one of the "sendmail" clones.  SC is built to allow you to do this, and i believe lanux128 on the forum does this.-mouser (November 02, 2015, 09:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

i lifted the example on the sendEmail website and put it in the option provided by Screenshot Captor. btw sendEmail enables TLS by default.

--- ---%APPDIR%Tools\sendEmail\sendEmail.exe -f "your@emailhere.com" -t "%to%" -u "%subject%" -m "%body%" -s smtp.yourserverhere.com:587 -xu "your@emailhere.com" -xp "yourpasswordhere" -a "%file%"

cranioscopical:
i lifted the example on the sendEmail website and put it in the option provided by Screenshot Captor. btw sendEmail enables TLS by default.

--- End quote ---

Thanks very much for taking the time to spell it out for me, much appreciated! I'm not so much slow off the mark as unable to find the mark in the first place.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version