ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Nirsoft's Antivirus Hall of Shame

<< < (4/4)

wraith808:
I had one guy complaining about how my software didn't work after he bought it... he couldn't open any files, etc. etc. Turns out he never even installed it!!! You just can't compete with that kind of ignorance.
-Renegade (October 22, 2015, 12:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

You win.  We're doomed.  ;D :huh: :-\

Stoic Joker:
For workplaces, it's one thing, but for the broader at-home audience, who will train them to read?
--- End quote ---

You do realize they're the same people right?? Yeah sure, people have a tendency to turn off their brains when they get home...but some of it will still leak through. And we already know the current system isn't working for shit and never will.

But getting people to read? Not all that easy. -Renegade (October 22, 2015, 12:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not that hard either, just be succinct and skip the pedantic jargon. 

I had one guy complaining about how my software didn't work after he bought it... he couldn't open any files, etc. etc. Turns out he never even installed it!!! You just can't compete with that kind of ignorance.
--- End quote ---

You win.  We're doomed.  ;D :huh: :-\-wraith808 (October 22, 2015, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh hell no he don't ... He's never been to the DMV.

Steven Avery:
Remember, Nirsoft is the situation of using low-level tools, like reading the masked password. The company has a great reputation, but the only way I can think that could really work with a lot of companies would be if his programs were on the company white-list registry with a checksum approach. That is asking a lot.  Otherwise the programs do things that you want to be warned about.  However, you should be informed, not scared.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version