ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SpiderOak Unlimited Space

<< < (2/7) > >>

Jibz:
Note that the $60 CrashPlan plan is for one computer. If you need support for more than one computer the cost of the plan is $149, same as the SpiderOak offer which supports multiple devices (afaik).
-mwb1100 (October 29, 2015, 05:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is true. I never considered the CrashPlan family plan, or the multiple device support of SpiderOak, very useful, since they both allow all clients to access all the backed up data of each other. I would not want to install that on computers I do not directly control.

But if you only have two computers, then $120 for 2xCrashPlan is still cheaper than $150, and you will have separate backup passwords.

Jibz:
On the subject of unlimited storage:

https://blog.onedrive.com/onedrive_changes/

Since we started to roll out unlimited cloud storage to Office 365 consumer subscribers, a small number of users backed up numerous PCs and stored entire movie collections and DVR recordings. In some instances, this exceeded 75 TB per user or 14,000 times the average.
--- End quote ---

So, apparently 75 TB > Unlimited.

x16wda:
75 TB
-Jibz (November 05, 2015, 12:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
How long would it take to upload 75TB of data?!?!?

eleman:
75 TB
--- End quote ---
How long would it take to upload 75TB of data?!?!?
-x16wda (November 05, 2015, 05:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

A limited amount of time.

Stoic Joker:
On the subject of unlimited storage:

https://blog.onedrive.com/onedrive_changes/

Since we started to roll out unlimited cloud storage to Office 365 consumer subscribers, a small number of users backed up numerous PCs and stored entire movie collections and DVR recordings. In some instances, this exceeded 75 TB per user or 14,000 times the average.
--- End quote ---

So, apparently 75 TB > Unlimited.
--- End quote ---

What the hell is wrong with people?!? That's just absurd.

I did however have pause for mild panic when reading this:
•Free OneDrive storage will decrease from 15 GB to 5 GB for all users, current and new. The 15 GB camera roll storage bonus will also be discontinued. These changes will start rolling out in early 2016.
--- End quote ---

But it appears - assuming that it's already in effect - that it did not effect those of us with the early adopters 25GB bonus storage...as I'm still showing the space as available.

It truly is aggravating when a few idiots fail to use a little common sense, self police their actions, and screw it up for everybody.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version