ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS suddenly stopped working

(1/2) > >>

Attronarch:
CHS suddenly stopped working, with weird errors (can't access index table). This is how main windows looks like:

When I try to verify, optimize, etc, I get following:

When I try to restore from backup, I get following:

Tried re-installing, didn't help.

mouser:
I just woke up so my brain is not functioning perfectly yet, but let's start with the basics:

* Exit CHS.
* Find your CHS database folder -- by default this will be under documents\DonationCoder\ClipboardHelpAndSpell\Database
* Backup this folder (zip it and copy it somewhere, etc), so that we can try to recover it later.
* Then delete the contents (or move contents) of the folder, so that it is empty.
* Restart CHS.
See if that lets CHS resume working on an empty clip database.  Assuming so we can then try to figure out what went wrong and try to get your database back next.

Attronarch:
Got following:

BTW, I'm on Win10 (64 bit).

mouser:
What security software are you running? Can you try turning it off or adding an exception for CHS -- it's almost sounding like the problem is a security program blocking proper access to database files, something that we have seen before.
The other related thing to try, assuming you can get into CHS options is on the Tweaks tab, changing the "Temporary DB file location" and restarting.

mouser:
Was CHS working for you before all this? Any idea what could have happened that made this start happening?
If you are seeing that error after you removed all database files, it's hard to see how it just started happening out of nowhere when it was previously working..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version