ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Hotkeys don't persist

<< < (3/4) > >>

RightPaddock:
that file will survive upgrades.
actually if my memory is correct what you will find in the SC program files directory is ConfigDirDefault.ini, so you should rename that to ConfigDir.ini and then edit it.
either way, it won't be overridden on update/reinstall.
-mouser (October 21, 2015, 06:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
Great - it was ConfigDir.ini, I've set it to APPDATA

I have another program where I have to change the content of the program's file directory, a non trivial html file - it gets clobbered on an install. 

But it's not ideal even if it does survive an upgrade, to edit the file you have to be in Admin mode and it wont survive an uninstall/reinstall.  IMO it would be better to use an environment variable eg SCREEN_CAPTOR_CONFIG_DIR, if it's absent then default to Documents.  And environment variables are saved in System Restore Points.

So, I'll see how this goes, I've set a reminder to come back and report in a month.  Of course if it doesn't fix it I'll be back sooner, but I think it will fix it.  Perhaps you'll consider my suggestions for a future release.

Cheers & thanks to everyone for your help - RP

RightPaddock:
Relocating the SC data to the %APPDATA%\DonationCoder\ScreenshotCaptor folder (that's on my system (SSD) drive) has NOT stopped the loss of the Hotkey settings, I'm still losing them - so my theory about drives being idle is invalid.  I am now running version 4.15 and I've already experienced the loss of Hotkeys with it.

I noticed that I do NOT lose the delay setting - if I change the value it persists, no matter what.  So it would appear that it is something specifically related to hot keys.

I'll try to remember to exit SC explicitly before doing a shut down and see if that overcomes the problem. 

I'm still of the opinion that the .ini file should be saved at the time settings changes are "Accepted". 

mouser:
I'm still of the opinion that the .ini file should be saved at the time settings changes are "Accepted". 
--- End quote ---
I thought it was.. let me check.

RightPaddock:
I'm not sure if I made this clear - I lose the hot key settings even if I don't actually use the program.  That is, they can be there on Monday morning, but when I start the system on Tuesday they may be gone, even though i didn't use the program on Monday.

Also this, which must be related

Hotkeys don't persist

mouser:
Ok I can confirm that settings were not being saved immediately.

Can you try this beta version:
Download beta version (4.15.1 BETA) from here (or portable).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version