ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Hotkeys don't persist

<< < (2/4) > >>

RightPaddock:
I presume this setting wont affect hotkeys, but maybe check it in case (i.e. ensure it's *not* ticked)-tomos (October 21, 2015, 04:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
@tomos - thanks - it's not ticked and it's not a network install - but the tooltip warning is possibly germane

My %USERPROFILE%\Documents folder is relocated to D:\Documents.  I have that drive configured to spin down when its been idle for 3 minutes (heat, energy saver) - so I suspect the 'save ini file on exit' function in SC is timing out waiting for the drive to spin up, which is the sort of thing that can happen on networks.

I did look for a setting to relocate the preferences.  IMO the preferences belong in %APPDATA%, if they were there they'd be on my %SYSTEMDRIVE% which is an SSD.

So - I suggest the preferences be saved when they're Accepted and/or the location of the .ini files should be user configurable (preferably and)

Meantime, I'll try to exit SC manually before shut down and see what happens.

RP

RightPaddock:
The other thing I change is default save location (to desktop) sometimes I lose that, it reverts to ...\Documents\DonationCoder\ScreenshotCaptor\Screenshots, not sure of that's coincident with losing hotkeys -
--- End quote ---

hmm it sounds like it may be losing your settings file completely and reverting to defaults.. that's odd.

did you "install" SC by copying it from one machine to another?
-mouser (October 21, 2015, 04:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
Good try mate - of course I didn't :rofl: 

mouser:
and/or the location of the .ini files should be user configurable (preferably and)
--- End quote ---
you can customize this by editing the ConfigDir.ini file in the program directory.

RightPaddock:
and/or the location of the .ini files should be user configurable (preferably and)
--- End quote ---
you can customize this by editing the ConfigDir.ini file in the program directory.
-mouser (October 21, 2015, 05:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
What will happen if/when I install a new version or have to reinstall ?

mouser:
that file will survive upgrades.
actually if my memory is correct what you will find in the SC program files directory is ConfigDirDefault.ini, so you should rename that to ConfigDir.ini and then edit it.
either way, it won't be overridden on update/reinstall.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version