ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Thumbnails not showing

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
Out of curiosity, what was the problem for it to not detect the files with dots for me
-dszklarz (November 07, 2015, 08:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

The basic problem was this:  to gain some flexibility, at some point in SC's recent history, my code took over from another library the task of filtering which files were displayed, and in that code, i was checking file extensions, but it turns out i was checking file extensions against the file "caption" (instead of the full path) as computed by windows explorer registry settings which on some (many) people's computers is configured to not include the file extensions for common file types.  Because by default SC was showing files with no extension, this only showed up as a real bug when files had dots in their names, confusing my code as to their true extension.  Once i determined the cause of the program (with help from dc member lanux128), the solution was simple and just involved checking the true filename instead of the reported caption.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version