ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Thumbnails not showing

(1/3) > >>

dszklarz:
Hello, I've encountered a problem which is, I can't see the thumbnails on the thumbnail panel. As shown in the attachment, the images are in the right folder, but are just not showing.
Thumbnails not showing
And I've also just noticed, that files named "Screenshot (1,2,etc.)" apparently have no problem with showing.
Thumbnails not showing
All of the screenshots are PNGs.
Thanks in advance for the reply.

mouser:
That's an interesting clue..

I have a couple of questions:

First, is it the filename Screenshot (1,2) that makes it show, or just that it is a NEWLY found file in that directory?  That is, if you copy other image files into your screenshot folder, do you suddenly see them?
Second, any change if you restart SC?
Third, did you happen to use recently the new feature in SC, under View ->Toggle standalone screenshot window (i once saw this kind of behavior from doing that)?

dszklarz:
1. From what I'm seeing it's files with dots in their name that don't appear, for example "Screenshot 15.4" or "Screen.shot 154" doesn't get detected, while "Screenshot 154" does.
2. Nope, restarting doesn't work. Even tried reinstalling, before posting, but it still didn't help(maybe re-install with deleting the settings?)
3. No, haven't used that feature at all.

mouser:
it's files with dots in their name that don't appear, for example "Screenshot 15.4" or "Screen.shot 154" doesn't get detected, while "Screenshot 154" does.
--- End quote ---

bingo.

you figured it out.. as you've discovered, sc does not like screenshot files to have dots in their names.  in fact i thought SC actually prevented files from having that name replacing periods with underscores..

regardless, ill try to get this fixed asap -- hopefully this weekend, so that sc does not make this mistake.

dszklarz:
Glad to be of help.
And about replacing with underscores, I'm guessing You mean the "illegal filename character replacement", it IS set to replace with underscores, so I don't understand what would that be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version