ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2016

NANY2016 idea - [non-runner] Caret Control

<< < (2/2)

tomos:
first, is it even possible ?-tomos (October 09, 2015, 01:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

The problem that's going to be run into is that there are so many edit controls, across various programs, each with their own caret handling, that I think any attempt at a universal solution is tantamount to madness.
-skwire (October 10, 2015, 12:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks Skwire,
I was thinking that could be a possibility --
also considering it's a relatively minor annoyance, I think we can safely drop the idea.

EDIT// changed thread title to "NANY2016 idea - [non-runner] Caret Control"

MilesAhead:
first, is it even possible ?-tomos (October 09, 2015, 01:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

The problem that's going to be run into is that there are so many edit controls, across various programs, each with their own caret handling, that I think any attempt at a universal solution is tantamount to madness.
-skwire (October 10, 2015, 12:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks Skwire,
I was thinking that could be a possibility --
also considering it's a relatively minor annoyance, I think we can safely drop the idea.

EDIT// changed thread title to "NANY2016 idea - [non-runner] Caret Control"
-tomos (October 10, 2015, 04:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can do selective things with AHK without too much difficulty.  I have a catch all hotkey program called Transpose because I originally wrote it to transpose the last 2 letters typed when I hit Control t.

Other than adding new hotkeys the maintenance is adding ahk window classes to groups.  Now and then a browser will change its main window class name so you have to add it etc..

But by using #IfWinActive you can selectively change the behavior of the hotkey depending on which program has the focus.

I'll attach the source in case you want to look at it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version