ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Tweets > 140 characters?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Tuxman:
According to what I know, Twitter will soon announce a "product" for more than 140 characters. Yay, another blogging platform like Tumblr!

The nice thing with a 140 character limitation is that you can't misuse it as a chat.

wraith808:
According to what I know, Twitter will soon announce a "product" for more than 140 characters. Yay, another blogging platform like Tumblr!

The nice thing with a 140 character limitation is that you can't misuse it as a chat.
-Tuxman (October 02, 2015, 02:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Really?  You must not have seen several popular feeds.  That's one of the things that frustrates me about twitter.  People all over it ARE using it like chat.

rgdot:
Twitter is not platform to keep up with chats, there is no good flow to following conversations compared to a more regular social platform like facebook. Some of the - in my opinion poor - attempts at making it more geared towards friendships and chats is the 'while you were away' and 'highlights' features they have added in recent times. Twitter's strength is at keeping up with "news" where one 140 character unit tells it's own story. I have always liked it more as an excerpt like RSS feed more than conversations and friends. Making modifications to the 140 character will probably not help it become anything more, but it depends what the more is I suppose.

Deozaan:
There is speculation that twitter may soon allow tweets longer than 140 characters.  When contracted for comment, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey s
-MilesAhead (October 02, 2015, 07:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heh heh! I see what you did there. :Thmbsup:

4wd:
Oddly enough, he could have gained an extra character  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version