ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

macro to edit a .txt file?

<< < (4/4)

bit:
WildGem

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Or if you want to do a global search and replace over multiple files there's Find & Replace or PSPad, both free.
-4wd (September 30, 2015, 08:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
Way cool.
How would I tell WG to find numbers 0 thru 9 and colon [:] all in one shot and make them disappear?
I can get it to do one number at a time so far, and it seems to have no file size or page limits.

Target:
see 4WD's screeny, otherwise you can select all numbers (digits) using the multiple digit button (look across the top).  I was able to fumble the " in by appending with a pipe in the regex field (eg append |" to the multi digit regex)

4wd:
How would I tell WG to find numbers 0 thru 9 and colon [:] all in one shot and make them disappear?-bit (September 30, 2015, 11:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

([\[\]\d":]) - match [, ], digits, ", or :

bit:
How would I tell WG to find numbers 0 thru 9 and colon [:] all in one shot and make them disappear?-bit (September 30, 2015, 11:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

([\[\]\d":]) - match [, ], digits, ", or :
-4wd (October 01, 2015, 01:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Good gosh, that's exactly the string you had already put in your screen shot, right in front of me.
Amazing; nothing happens as I type in the string character by character until the last entry, then shoom!, it gives you exactly what you want in one big transformation.  :Thmbsup:

4wd:
That's because until you enter the ) the capture group hasn't been completed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version