ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

macro to edit a .txt file?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Ath:
You also need to escape the quote (\") to have them removed.
-4wd (September 30, 2015, 02:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I didn't look close enough during testing, sorry.

Ath:
PS - Is there a way to increase the text body size limit to, say, 50 pages of text?
I froze up SedTester with a 13 page text file size.
-bit (September 30, 2015, 01:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I didn't test it witth that kind of sizes, as it is intended as a tool for testing and 'explaining' sed expressions.
But it does send the input text to a temp-file and hands that to the external sed.exe, redirecting the output back into SedTester. That last action could cause issues, so I'll investigate that, and fix where needed.

bit:
I got it to convert/process chapter #1, then successfully added #2, #3, & #4, and then it hung when I tried to add #5, with chapter #6 & #7 still to go.
This was with about one page per chapter, so it's pretty short.
SedTester does a great job of removing numbers & characters, esp. with the extra script comments by you and 4x4 on how to remove those other brackets.
If there was some way to increase its capacity, it would be even more useful.

My eyes aren't what they were, and I like to convert digital English language text to number-free format for audio playback with TextAssist, which also displays the text on playback, giving me built-in 'subtitles' to look at in case I didn't hear something spoken clearly enough to recognize it.
I can also play back numbered text, but it's a little tedious sometimes hearing spoken numbers with every line.  :Thmbsup:

Target:
I'm a bit surprised no ones mentioned wild gem - it doesn't do batches (as far as I can see) but I had a bit of a game this morning and it handled a 40K line text file no prob's (if I could remember even a little bit of the regex syntax I'm sure this would be a very handy tool)

FWIW it's portable and green!!

4wd:
WildGem

macro to edit a .txt file?

Or if you want to do a global search and replace over multiple files there's Find & Replace or PSPad, both free.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version