ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Drop Zone for Web Images

<< < (2/4) > >>

lifeweaver:
My irfanview/bat method with Pale Moon web browser gets the actual, full size, image, from the google image search results list. Also, no security warning has ever been shown on my Windows 10 system.
-ayryq (October 09, 2015, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice! Does it do the same for yahoo/bing?
I was able to get the image just fine from google also as their url contains the original url, but yahoo/bing didn't.

From my testing the security warning only happens for Internet Explorer and only if have or have had the Internet Security settings turned to 'High' for the Internet zone.

ayryq:
Nice! Does it do the same for yahoo/bing?
-lifeweaver (October 09, 2015, 02:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Dragging from the "expanded" view in Bing works fine, though it grabs only the smaller thumbnail if the original image is no longer available.
In Google I have to drag from the "expanded" view as well (i.e. it is required to click once on the image; dragging from the "grid" view doesn't work.
Yahoo works exactly the same as Bing.

magician62:
Many thanks for the ideas, I will give them both a try shortly. I have found that in Win 10 copy/move of images has added an extra click to overcome duplicates, for one image it is not a problem, and locally you don't get the warning,  but the more single web images your working with, it soon adds up.

magician62:
lifeweaver

I have run the AHK script but am hitting a problem. At present I have not implemented the registry bypass for the internet warning, but assume that should not be an issue.

I can drag an image, but as I drag across the desktop, I get a + by the cursor as expected, but as soon as I hover the dropzone I get a barred icon.

ayryq

I still have to try your technique, but can already see a possibility to achieve something else I want to do  :)

lifeweaver:
lifeweaver

I have run the AHK script but am hitting a problem. At present I have not implemented the registry bypass for the internet warning, but assume that should not be an issue.

I can drag an image, but as I drag across the desktop, I get a + by the cursor as expected, but as soon as I hover the dropzone I get a barred icon.
-magician62 (October 10, 2015, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

This means the gui is not accepting the type of information that is trying to be dragged to it.

Can you give me some more information?
Which browser you were using?
Is it with every image on different sites or just images on one site?
Can you give me the URL to a specific file that doesn't work?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version