ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro 4.7.0.0[free]

<< < (2/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
I guess I am done with communicating with Auslogics Support.  They request all this unnecessary information about my system when all that is required is for the programmer to call SystemParametersInfo() API with SPI_GETWORKAREA to account for the size and position of the Taskbar.  This has been around since Win9x if not earlier.

Innuendo:
Uhhh...why would they require anything from you about your system if their window is not resizable? It will either resize or it won't. Period. It's not like users with Geforce cards get a resizable window and Radeon users don't.

Twits.

Full disclosure: I'm a PerfectDisk fanboy....and their window is resizable.

MilesAhead:
Uhhh...why would they require anything from you about your system if their window is not resizable? It will either resize or it won't. Period. It's not like users with Geforce cards get a resizable window and Radeon users don't.

Twits.

Full disclosure: I'm a PerfectDisk fanboy....and their window is resizable.
-Innuendo (September 23, 2015, 05:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

It is bizarre to say the least.  The Free version is perfectly fine UI wise with the resizable window.  The Pro has a splash screen and more eye candy.  But I still don't see why it can't have a vertical scroll bar.

I checked the MD5 of the trial download from their site and it is the same installer.  So I assume the non-giveaway version has the same no resize bit going on.

kyrathaba:
I like the pro version. It lets me defrag both my SATA hard drive at work, and my SSD on my home machine (has a special procedure so that it doesn't screw up the SSD).

MilesAhead:
I like the pro version. It lets me defrag both my SATA hard drive at work, and my SSD on my home machine (has a special procedure so that it doesn't screw up the SSD).
-kyrathaba (September 30, 2015, 12:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

So far I like it.  But for some reason "simple defrag" takes longer than with the Free.  Anywhere from 8 to 10 minutes where the Free is done in 5.  The analysis phase seems much slower.  I haven't tried any of the more advanced features yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version