ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

delayed screenshot and context menus

<< < (2/2)

RightPaddock:
:Thmbsup: bloody hell Mouser, you must have seen me coming.  The context menu's are captured in Calibre and Sigil using the 4.13.1 BETA version.

The cheque's in the mail  :-[

RP

mouser:
Great, glad to hear it worked out :Thmbsup:

(so it sounds like maybe you were performing an "active window" capture rather than a full-screen capture -- that's one of the things the beta fixed on windows 10.)

IainB:
This is an interesting thread. For a long time I have had similar difficulties with SC in capturing transient objects such as pop-up or drop-down menus from some applications, so tend to now always first try to do the captures of these using the MS Office OneNote STOT (Send to OneNote Tool).
STOT "freezes" the whole screen - including any transients objects - so you can take your time and do a clip of whichever part of the screen you select. Though the clips are not necessarily as professional-looking as SC's active window captures, it works and is fast, with the clips going to Clipboard and to a page in a default OneNote Notebook.

However, if I want to do any image manipulation, I import the image from Clipboard into SC, because the OneNote capability for image manipulation is rubbish by comparison.

If the transient objects limitation in SC has been overcome - which seems to be the case(?) - then that's very good news. Shall check it out.

RightPaddock:
@IainB - thanks for the Send to OneNote tip (never knew it was there), sometimes I want to OCR a pop up, also good to have a backstop for SC

RP

IainB:
@IainB - thanks for the Send to OneNote tip (never knew it was there), sometimes I want to OCR a pop up, also good to have a backstop for SC
RP
-RightPaddock (September 21, 2015, 10:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Be aware that there seems to be an undefined threshold in the number of words in an image, below which ON will not OCR scan the text:
2. OneNote OCR threshold text: I have noticed that OneNote will not OCR scan and index text in any image on a page where the amount of text is below some undefined threshold.
For example, yesterday, I clipped the image of a subtitle on a video where the text in the image was:
"ice age is creeping over the northern hemisphere even then it won't be as bad" (i.e., 15 words).
I then got OneNote to select the text from the image , and OneNote reported a longish error message that began:
    This image does not contain any recognised text. ...

--- End quote ---
-IainB (April 07, 2015, 04:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

ABBYY Screenshot Reader (was $FREE) is probably the best bet for OCR capture of text in images with few words in - seems to work every time. It is also unique in that it can capture columnar text and maintains the text in columnar position in the output. Pretty nifty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version