ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

AVG Antivirus Plans to Collect & Sell Your Personal Data to Advertisers?

<< < (7/7)

wraith808:
I'm not sure John McAfee is a valid reputable source for anything computing-related anymore. Not only has he been out of the industry for years, but there is that whole 'delusional on an exotic island under the influence of bath salts, accused of at least one murder, and insisted he was the target of a drug cartel in spite of there being no evidence to the contrary' back-story.

The man does not have both oars in the water.
-Innuendo (September 27, 2015, 10:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Of course, there is the official account of actions.  But there's always another side to every story.  And everyone is entitled to their read of whatever is posed.

I'm on the other side of that.  He seems quite rational, quite engaging, and quite credible.  And I remember the story of others who have tried to pull the wool out from over our eyes, which makes him more credible, not less.  And the others who have quite credibly and separately verified part of his claims.

* wraith808 shrugs

IainB:
...The man does not have both oars in the water. ...
-Innuendo (September 27, 2015, 10:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Could that be because he's turning in circles, I wonder...

Stoic Joker:
I'm on the other side of that.  He seems quite rational, quite engaging, and quite credible.  And I remember the story of others who have tried to pull the wool out from over our eyes, which makes him more credible, not less.  And the others who have quite credibly and separately verified part of his claims.-wraith808 (September 27, 2015, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Me too. McAfee may be a screwball...but he's quite consistent, and has no reason to lie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version