ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

14 year-old boy arrested for creating a digital clock

(1/6) > >>

wraith808:
Ahmed Mohamed, 14, arrested over clock mistaken for bomb

Is this how we inspire technical innovation in our youth?

14 year-old boy arrested for creating a digital clock

MilesAhead:
Ahmed Mohamed, 14, arrested over clock mistaken for bomb

Is this how we inspire technical innovation in our youth?

[ Invalid Attachment ]
-wraith808 (September 16, 2015, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, what if it is a devious plan utilizing compartmentalization?  If one has a time bomb and splits it into two components you have the time part and the bomb part.  Also by this diabolical play for sympathy the youth has wangled himself an invitation to The White House.  I bet The President naively encouraged him to bring the device along.  If I was the Secret Service I would focus on the area of the Reflecting Pool for a rendezvous where the two components may be reintegrated.

On the other hand a good way to get shot is to keep your TV remote in your breast pocket.  You forget about it and walk outside and Blammo!!  Homeland Security takes you out.  :)

tomos:
It's an unfortunate state of affairs. I can understand the frustration, but if you ignore the context of recent history, you're just leaving out too much.
And if that context is introduced, I think it's going to be unfortunately pretty much Basement material...

nosh:
but if you ignore the context of recent history, you're just leaving out too much.
--- End quote ---

Bingo!  :Thmbsup:

TaoPhoenix:
It's an unfortunate state of affairs. I can understand the frustration, but if you ignore the context of recent history, you're just leaving out too much.
And if that context is introduced, I think it's going to be unfortunately pretty much Basement material...
-tomos (September 16, 2015, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

And even worse (stairs leading to the basement), is look at his name. And he didn't have the right "marketing". If this had been a "science fair project by a good ol' boy sounding name", he would have been all over "look how smart our kids are!"

>:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version