ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Must be too easy ? or Windows 10 does not like it

<< < (2/3) > >>

4wd:
^ That was one of the original suggestions ;)

Stoic Joker:
^ That was one of the original suggestions ;)
-4wd (September 16, 2015, 07:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Understood, but it is still worth revisiting. Because every time Quest runs the script, he is accepting responsibility for whatever happens next. And this has nothing to do with the script itself ...(I know you got skills)... It's just that it's almost always a matter of time before user X decides to pitch a fit because their Uber Important stuff got put some place they couldn't find it. So instead of teaching the "pet" zombie to play catch, and then hope it doesn't eat one of the children on a bad day. I just think it best to shoot it in the head and be done with it completely.

wraith808:
So instead of teaching the "pet" zombie to play catch, and then hope it doesn't eat one of the children on a bad day. I just think it best to shoot it in the head and be done with it completely.
-Stoic Joker (September 16, 2015, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's some serious imagery there.  Fido much?

Stoic Joker:
So instead of teaching the "pet" zombie to play catch, and then hope it doesn't eat one of the children on a bad day. I just think it best to shoot it in the head and be done with it completely.
-Stoic Joker (September 16, 2015, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's some serious imagery there.  Fido much?
-wraith808 (September 16, 2015, 11:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

A decade or so of being an Admin will do that to ya. That and I'd just gotten back from surveying a new client's network that had been - set up wrong and subsequently - eaten alive by a CryptoLocker variant. Everybody wants to cut corners and cry about budgets until shit goes completely off the rails...and then suddenly they're 'All Ears' about WTF to do with the mess.

This guy is now looking at ~1,000 man-hours rebuilding a database from paper files ... Because there just wasn't time to lock anything down properly...or do backups for that matter.

questorfla:
OMG wraith!  NO!  STOIC!n  what  the heck  all of ya!

I am LMAO!

You made my day today that was a very good eh...
tet-a-te or what you say?  Hmm Verbal Parrying

I need somethign to drink now.  :) ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version