ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Buy a mystery game with GOG's Indie Piñatas!

<< < (2/2)

nite_monkey:
I just stuck a quarter into the pinata prize machine, and out popped the game Outlast. Kinda wish there was a customize feature. I don't really care for horror games much. At least it was only $3, and I didn't have to pay the $19.99 that Outlast actually costs (Current price on steam as of writing this.)

mwb1100:
For something like this you should always buy as a 'gift' to make it easier to sell/trade/give away if you don't like it. If you do like it, you can always redeem the gift code yourself.

Deozaan:
I read the text a bit more carefully and determined a clue as to what games are available in the capsule machine: Any game that's currently on sale on GOG is not in the piñata. But every few days they'll switch the deals around so maybe if you see a game you want on sale today, you have a chance of getting it in a piñata on another day.

For something like this you should always buy as a 'gift' to make it easier to sell/trade/give away if you don't like it. If you do like it, you can always redeem the gift code yourself.
-mwb1100 (September 11, 2015, 11:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

The question is, does that make the piñata the gift? Or in other words, does the piñata have to be claimed to an account before the game inside is revealed? Or can you use the gifting method to find out what the game is before you decide which account to send it to?

I just stuck a quarter into the pinata prize machine, and out popped the game Outlast. Kinda wish there was a customize feature. I don't really care for horror games much. At least it was only $3, and I didn't have to pay the $19.99 that Outlast actually costs (Current price on steam as of writing this.)
-nite_monkey (September 11, 2015, 10:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm... GOG has a 30-day money-back guarantee. I wonder if it works with the piñata promotion as well.

mwb1100:
The question is, does that make the piñata the gift? Or in other words, does the piñata have to be claimed to an account before the game inside is revealed? Or can you use the gifting method to find out what the game is before you decide which account to send it to?
-Deozaan (September 12, 2015, 12:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure, but I would have guessed that the game is revealed when you get the gift code.

Hmm... GOG has a 30-day money-back guarantee. I wonder if it works with the piñata promotion as well.
-Deozaan (September 12, 2015, 12:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

From some posts in the forum, GOG will refund (as long as you have not downloaded, I think) or turn the game into a gift code if you ask support to do so.

nite_monkey:
I just looked at their FAQ, and it looks like the 30 day money back guarantee is for if you are having problems with the game. You first contact tech support, and if they can't help you get the game working, then they will refund your purchase.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version