ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Buy a mystery game with GOG's Indie Piñatas!

(1/2) > >>

Deozaan:
GOG is currently running a promotion where you buy a "piñata" for $3 and it will contain a random indie game ranging in value from $9.99 to $44.99.

While their "randomization" algorithm gives priority to games you don't already own, if you happen to get a game you do already own, it will be a giftable copy.

They're also running a regular sale where certain games are discounted a certain amount.

http://www.gog.com/

wraith808:
My thoughts when I first thought about that were "There are quite a few games that I'd buy for $3, so until I get those, I'm staying away from RNGs.  They just don't like me."  ;D

Deozaan:
Yeah, it's an interesting promotion. I kind of like the idea of it, though I don't think I'll be participating in it this time. As little as $3 is, this month's budget is already stressed out enough as it is without spending money on what is essentially gambling for a good game.

There's a part of it that seems like a capsule machine. Stick in a quarter, get a capsule with a toy! Except in this case it's a black box. You don't get to see your potential prizes. If they listed all the possible results, I might be able to make a more informed decision as to whether or not to play the game.

But for now it seems like throwing $3 into a black hole and hoping something good comes out.

wraith808:
But for now it seems like throwing $3 into a black hole and hoping something good comes out.
-Deozaan (September 11, 2015, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly.  I'm playing endgame in ESO and SWTOR right now, which is basically do the same thing every day, and get a random prize.

RNG's really don't like me.

mwb1100:
I haven't bought, but I like that you get a small burst of confetti when you hit the "piñata" to buy the random game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version