ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Sudo and Kill commands for Windows

(1/1)

anandcoral:
http://www.ghacks.net/2015/09/17/sudo-and-kill-commands-for-windows/

I have to edit files / script which are in "\Program Files\" folder and need Administrative rights. Found SUDO useful as I can open the text editor via it in Administrative mode.

I already use SuperF4, still KILL can be useful from command line.

Regards,

Anand

f0dder:
If you just need to edit protected files every now and then, it's easier to launch your editor with administrative privileges - fastest way to do that is launching it with Ctrl+Shift+Enter from the start menu/screen (silly it doesn't work with Win+R).

If, on the other hand, you're often doing stuff in a console, have a look at ConEmu - it's pretty great, and also makes it easy to start a tab with an administrative shell.

anandcoral:
If you just need to edit protected files every now and then, it's easier to launch your editor with administrative privileges - fastest way to do that is launching it with Ctrl+Shift+Enter from the start menu/screen (silly it doesn't work with Win+R).

-f0dder (September 17, 2015, 05:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes and also by right-click on taskbar icon I get administrative option. But I use SUDO from batch file to run a given program in administrative mode.

Regards,

Anand

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version