ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

TSA's master keys leaked, 3D printed

<< < (2/3) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
The big difference here is that if the bad guys can get into my suitcase, they might steal my socks.

The potential damage to us if and when somebody backdoors our secret data is far more serious.
-CWuestefeld (September 10, 2015, 11:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Or the $2000 laptop you stored away, your watch and wife's jewelry, that treasured picture you take everywhere...then replace with as much Heroin as they can possibly fit...

I'd say that is far more serious than say....having your e-mail account broken into......;)

4wd:
Always wondered how long it would take before those stupid locks were compromised.

I just use coloured cable ties, (different flight, different colour), doesn't stop anyone looking in the luggage, (just like normal locks), but at least it does indicate when someone has looked in the luggage since they're not likely to have whatever colour I happen to have chosen at that time to reseal them with.

KynloStephen66515:
Always wondered how long it would take before those stupid locks were compromised.

I just use coloured cable ties, (different flight, different colour), doesn't stop anyone looking in the luggage, (just like normal locks), but at least it does indicate when someone has looked in the luggage since they're not likely to have whatever colour I happen to have chosen at that time to reseal them with.
-4wd (September 11, 2015, 05:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Put those dye packs that banks use in your luggage ;)

Stoic Joker:
I'm just going to go with Wow! That is mind-blowingly stupid.

It may seem minor (given the tone of the article), but any small hole in a complex system can be leveraged into larger more dangerous territory.

4wd:
Put those dye packs that banks use in your luggage ;)-Stephen66515 (September 11, 2015, 06:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now that would be fun, probably get done for transporting explosives  ;D

Most expensive thing that ever goes in my check-in luggage is my Gerber Multitool, anything electronic or more expensive/essential goes in the carry on backpack.

And to cut the cable ties if necessary:

TSA's master keys leaked, 3D printed

An old key with two sharpened edges, stick it in the cable tie loop and twist.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version