ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

In a world free from ads, one font reigns supreme. COMIC SANS!

<< < (5/5)

TaoPhoenix:
I look at it as a direct way to annoy you in order to get you to pay.  At that point, instead of going around, I just don't go.  It might seem extreme, but that's my approach.-wraith808 (September 05, 2015, 12:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same here. I've got way better things to do with my time than play someone's silly game with intrusive ads. Be nice, or be gone. However I also reserve the right to hack anything pisses me off, especially if they throw an exit loop at me when I try to leave.
-Stoic Joker (September 06, 2015, 02:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I reverse the order of these two.

For over-clarity:

"I also reserve the right to hack anything pisses me off"

To me content is content, and the time lost trying to find alternate versions of the story is the key part lost in "don't go there". I'd much rather apply any of my 17 second hacks.

Especially I have an eye for a "key phrase" and if only "one copy" of the news has some key quote, then hack the ads and deal with them to get that key detail.

After all, it's the site managers that put annoying stuff on their sites. But let's just say that for once some writer mugged a Windows Manager in a stairwell and wouldn't let him go until he got a legally usable quote, go for it. Eat six ads to get that.

Win10 is still in such early phases, it's still the giant Hold'em poker game where none of us have any idea what's going on. We're BARELY getting through tactical install issues. We have NO idea what "the last Windows version ever because it's now all cloudy-y/Saas-y" ....means!

jadinolf:
That's my favorite.

I could do a screen capture but I know you believe me. :)

x16wda:
P.S. I'm still looking for a monospace Comic Sans-like in bitmap font format.  To code in.   
-Edvard (September 02, 2015, 10:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

In a world free from ads, one font reigns supreme. COMIC SANS!

http://www.comicbookfonts.com/Code-Monkey-Constant-p/cl343.htm -- I'm sure it could be bitmap-ified!

MilesAhead:
I was using FireSans in FF with minimum font size 18.  This looks a bit better.  The FireSans looked live video blown up on a big screen with too large pixels.  Your basic golf ball effect.  This is a bit easier on the eyes.   :Thmbsup:

Edvard:
P.S. I'm still looking for a monospace Comic Sans-like in bitmap font format.  To code in.   
-Edvard (September 02, 2015, 10:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

http://www.comicbookfonts.com/Code-Monkey-Constant-p/cl343.htm -- I'm sure it could be bitmap-ified!

-x16wda (September 06, 2015, 08:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ulp!... Not for 39 bucks!!  :o
Nice lookin' font though...

I did find one good candidate amongst some other very nice free programming fonts: PointFree
https://code.google.com/p/i3project/wiki/Fonts

:Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version